NRI Laws & Regulations
Dates to be Announced
Insights from the Webinar topic
- Significance of tax status under Income Tax Law and FEMA - distinction between Person Resident Outside India vis a vis Person Of Indian Origin (PIO) under FEMA
- Tax impact under each status — NRI, RNOR and R&OR
- Similarity between taxation of RNOR and NRI
- Timing of return of NRI for optimal tax benefit
- Steps to be taken by Resident leaving India to be NRI
- Taxation of Remittances
- Explanation of NRE/NRO and FCNR accounts
- Discussion on the new capital gains tax regime post Budget 2018
- TDS rates for long-term capital gains and short-term capital gains
- Discussion on Immovable Property - rules, regulations and taxation.
- Rounding up with Q & A session.
Speaker : Sandeep Shanbhag
Sandeep also writes for financial papers, journals and websites. Addresses seminars and lectures arranged by corporates and other organizations. He is a regular guest on television to comment on current tax and investment issues.
Webinar Registration is not open yet, please check back soon!
Tax Advisory Service (“Service”) is being provided by the Vendor to share information on NRI’s tax related queries. Please note that ICICI Bank is not selling/rendering this Service and does not give any warranty, guarantee nor does ICICI Bank make any representation with respect to the Service provided by the Vendor. Please note that ICICI Bank shall not be liable for any deficiency of Service on the part of Vendor, nor shall be a party in any disputes between customer and the Vendor. The customer should make his/her own independent decision regarding suitability and appropriateness of the advice/opinion/suggestions provided by the Vendor based upon its own due diligence, investigation, judgment. ICICI Bank shall not be responsible for any kind of damages, losses, claims, costs, charges etc., (monetary or non-monetary) arising out of delay in timelines or quality or genuineness of the Service provided by the Vendor.
The Customer is advised and assumed to have read the terms and conditions regarding this service which is available on the Webinar Terms & Conditions.